The PBS Video app on streaming devices like Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, or Android TV have required activation and a PBS Account for that activation since September 2015. If you have been using the app since then, you would have had to previously activate it with an account, but may not have needed to reactivate since your initial activation.
On rare occasions will ask you to reactivate your PBS Video app. Usually this will be required after a large update is made to the PBS Video app on your device, and can also function as a security check to ensure the owner of the device is accessing the PBS Video app on their device with their personal account.
Activating your device with a PBS Account allows you to:
- Easily connect with content from your local station
- Access your Watchlist
- Sync all of your favorite local and national programs across all of your devices
- On your computer, tablet, or phone, open a browser such as Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
- In the address bar at the top of the screen, type www.pbs.org/activate.
- In the textbox provided, enter the activation code that displayed on your device.
- Click Continue.
- Go back to your device and enjoy streaming PBS content.