To confirm that you have activated your Passport account, go to http://www.pbs.org/ and sign in using the same email address and password you used when you activated Passport. To ensure you see all local Passport content, be sure you have selected your local station. Learn how to select a station
If Passport is activated properly, you will see a small blue and white compass rose symbol by your name in the upper left portion of the screen. When you search through the site, any video bearing that same blue and white compass rose symbol are Passport videos.
If you do not see the blue Passport icon () next to your name, you have not completed the activation process or you have not signed in with the same email address you used when you activated your Passport member benefit. Think of any other email addresses you may have used and try signing in with those until you see the blue Passport icon next to your name. If you are still having trouble, email support.
Scroll down this page to learn how to fully activate Passport.
If your membership is not activated, please follow the instructions below:
- Go to pbs.org/passport
- You will be asked for an activation code, which is four words separated by hyphens (example: purple-fox-banner-edge). Please note that it will automatically capitalize everything for you.
- Press Continue.
- You will be brought to a page asking you to sign in with Google, Facebook, or PBS account. Please note that if you are also using Passport on a Roku, Apple TV, or Amazon Fire TV, we recommend that you activate your Passport account with the same email used to set up the device when you first purchased it.
- After you sign in, you must check the box saying you accept the terms and conditions, then press the Confirm button. If everything is done correctly, you will be brought to a page that says you're activated.
If you are viewing Passport on a streaming device such as Roku, Apple TV, or Amazon Fire TV, please follow the instructions below. If you do NOT have a streaming device, you are done and can now watch Passport shows.
- How do I activate Passport on my Amazon Fire TV or Android Smart TV?
- How do I activate PBS Passport on my Apple TV?
- How do I activate Passport on my Roku device?
- Go to your streaming device and go into the PBS Video app, then select the Settings option. In the Settings, select Deactivate and follow the prompts. It will take you out of the app; go back in and it will ask you to Activate and give you a code.
- Write down the code and go to http://www.pbs.org/activate on a computer or smartphone. Enter the code. (Please note that it will automatically capitalize everything for you.) It will prompt you to sign in; do so. You should then come to a screen that says your TV has been activated.
- Enjoy PBS Passport shows!