If your Passport is activated properly, you will see a small blue and white "compass rose" icon ( ) by your name in the upper left portion of the screen. If this icon does not appear next to your name and your Passport benefit is not being recognized, please check the below possibilities and suggestions.
In most cases, this problem occurs when you are signed in at PBS.org using a different sign-in account (an email address associated with a Facebook, Google, or PBS Account) from what you originally activated Passport with. For the quickest resolution, we recommend trying to sign out and sign back in with any other accounts you may have with PBS.
- You can also try entering your contact email address for your membership at the Passport Lookup page. This is the email address your station contacts you with and can use to look up your membership. Entering your email address and clicking on the Find Member button will return one of four results:
- If the page returns no member found, please try using the Lookup Tool again and enter another email address which may be connected with your membership. If it is unable to locate your membership under any email address, it's possible your station has no contact email address for your membership or did not set up your Passport benefit. Please contact your local station and ask them to check on your Passport. You can find the contact information for your local station at this page.
- If the page returns your Passport has not been activated, your Passport is still waiting to be activated before you can use it. Please check your email inbox for the Passport activation email sent to you by your local station. The Lookup Tool should also send you a new activation email with that information. The email will include your four-word activation code and instructions on activating your Passport.
- If the page returns your Passport has expired, please contact your local station and request they update your Passport's expiration date to match your membership. You can find the contact information for your local station at this page.
- If the page returns your Passport has been activated, you or someone in your household has activated the Passport with an account other than the one you are currently signed in with. Please note the email address you have entered on this Passport Lookup page is only the contact email address on your membership - your Passport can be activated with a different account and not the email address you have entered on this page. Proceed to Step 2 below.
- If the Passport Lookup page returns your Passport has been activated, and you are signed in, but still do not have access at PBS.org, then you likely have activated your Passport with an account other than the account you are currently signed in with. This can occur if you have set up multiple accounts with PBS in the past. If you activated your Passport after December 2016, you should have received an email stating which account you used to activate your Passport. If you do not have this email, try signing out and signing back in with any other accounts you may have. If you share your membership or household with another person, they may have used their account to activate and not your account.
If the Passport Lookup page said you were activated in Step 1, and you are unable to find the account you activated your Passport with in Step 2, please send us a message at this page and we can retrieve this information for you. In your message please specify the email address you used in the Passport Lookup page as this will help us locate your Passport. Please also specify if you would like to know the account you used to activate Passport and/or if you would like your Passport to be reset so you can activate your Passport with a different account.